We know that knowledge is a catalyst for change. Growing knowledge about the online space is critical to safety and security online, along with the digital skills and literacies to support these. Also, the importance of fostering values and attitudes that promote agency, dignity and empathy.
Workshops | Presentations | Consultation
Generation Online provides a range of services to organisations and groups. Our services are designed around your context and can be delivered face-to-face and online.
For more information, email anjela@generationonline or complete our Contact Form.
Organisations and Groups
Many security breaches occur through human error, and, greater awareness and understanding of professional boundaries in the online space is needed.
Developing staff confidence and safety is critical to not only your organisation, but kaimahi safety and wellbeing.
We help through building knowledge and skills that foster greater confidence and awareness.
Consultation services are offered and we provide in-time support for your organisation. Consultancy can be delivered face-to-face or online.
Consultation may include but is not limited to:
- supporting our digital strategy
- reviewing or developing policies, procedures, and Agreements
- looking at key legislation including the Harmful Digital Communications Act
- developing curriculum around online safety and citizenship
- managing online incidents
- developing a positive online culture around safety, citizenship and wellbeing
- considerations around remote learning and teaching
- effectively engaging with Whānau
Generation Online does not provide legal advice and will always recommend legal advice is sought for enquiries where legal advice is desired.
Presentations | Workshops
Sessions are always developed with the needs of your organisation or group at the fore. This could include for example:
- building a culture of safety and citizenship online and offline
- understanding how to mitigate or manage online risks and potential harm
- knowing what help and supports are available
- fostering confidence and capabilities around the online space
- curriculum and resources
Ākonga | Digital Safety | Critical Thinking
Developing knowledge of the online environment, acquiring digital skills, and forming values and dispositions needed to thrive online are part of becoming ‘digitally fluent’.
Sessions may be run as a series, or a single session. Online learning is also provided. Sessions with students are designed with:
- their age and stage in mind
- a focus on online safety, rights and responsibilities
- fostering concepts of wellbeing and citizenship
- knowing what to do in the face of challenges, risks and harm
Ākonga Voice – Ākonga Agency
Generation Online provides survey tools for gaining insights into students’ perspectives on their knowledge, skills and needs online. This can provide a valuable platform for building a positive online culture with students.
Some schools and kura may be eligible for funding under the MoE PLD model in alignment with national priorities for the Digital Fluencies strand in the DT and Hangarau Matihiko Curriculum. Please enquire as Generation Online is an associate of Digital Circus and Cyclone Computers, both endorsed MoE providers.
For more information, you can email or send requests through our Contact Form.